Friday, December 31, 2010

Tiramisu Whoopie Pies



Whoopie Pies…Mmmm!!!  I think this obsession occurred right after the cupcake craze no?!  David (my hubby to be), Jenny and I experience our first whoopie pie experience in Susie’s Cakes located in Brentwood (in Newport Beach also).  To me, the sandwich was more of a cookie than a cake.  I suppose whoopie pies can go both ways.  It all depends on whether you like cookie texture more or the lovely cake texture.

Tonight, I’ve decided to make “Tiramisu Whoopie Pies.”  Yes, I LOVE coffee!!! ^.^  As for the filling, I was looking for mascarpone to use as a filling.  Sprouts grocery store made life so much easier by carrying a ‘tiramisu mascarpone.’  Just makes baking shopping more exciting for me!

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

 Only 3 Whoopie Pies @ a time:  David, Grace, & Sammy

Can you see my hand mixer on the background?  It's the "architects series."  ^.^


Tiramisu Whoopie Pies
Cookie/Cake
75g – Butter (melted)
1 – Large Egg
150g – Granulated Sugar
1 tsp – Vanilla Extract (optional)

4 ½ Tbsp – Sour Cream
2 Tbsp – Instant Coffee Powder

¾ tsp – Baking Soda
225g – Pastry Flour
50g – Cocoa Powder

Filling
250g – Mascarpone
1 Tbsp – Instant Coffee Powder
50g – Granulated Sugar

Bake @ 350°F

(Self Note:  Egg til’ light and fluffy, add sgr til’ thk & glsy aka ribbon effect, add vanilla extract.  Fold sour cream & instant coffee pwdr, fold in the rest of the sifted dry ingredients)


No comments:

Post a Comment