Sunday, June 19, 2011

La Monarca Bakery



La Monarca Bakery
1300 Wilshire Boulevard
Santa Monica, CA 90403

(June 19, 2011)



La Moncarca Bakery is along Wilshire Boulevard with cross street of Euclid.  I love going here on a Sunday because their street parking is free on Sundays.  If you come here before 10:30am, there's plenty of parking along Wilshire!  As you walk into the door, there are a series of glass pantries to your left with many bake goods from conchas, mini conchas, tacos with chocolate or pineapple fillings, breads and many more.  Everything in this glass pantry is self serve with a tray and clamp on the side for you to grab and go.  As you approach to the counter, on the left side are an abundance of cakes for purchase by slice or as a whole.  Then as you get closer to the cashier counter, there are more bake goods and a menu of coffee to order.

My husband (David) and I picked as much items we can consume.  If only we brought our friends here with us, we'd be able to taste more and not feel as guilty with these amazing pastries on site.  When I saw the mini conchas, they remind me of second semester pastry class with Chef Stacy Demaso, so yummy!  The flavor is magnificent because I can taste the buttery goodness on their top crust.  Many bakeries from my local area carry conchas too, but you can tell they are made of shortening for their topping to keep the cost low.  David order their Cafe Oaxaca and it's divine and a must try!  Look below and see what we ordered!  Yum!

Look at all these amazing cookies, empanadas, and cupcakes that are Mexican baking inspired!

These are called Tacos that had certain fillings as labelled.

I forgot what these were, but I'll see them next time!

These were the things we ate!

 This Napoleon wasn't to par, the layers of flakiness didn't have a crunch to it, it tasted soggy.  Maybe it has been refrigerated overnight?

 This is their Tacos w/ Pineapple filling.  Tastes so yummy because when you bit into it, you have a thin layer of flaky crust follow by a bread layer and into the pineapple filling.

My Mini Vanilla Concha!

 My Mini Chocolate Concha! (MY FAVORITE)

No comments:

Post a Comment