Monday, June 20, 2011

Strawberry Balsamic Ice-Cream



I went to Beachy cream from the new Santa Monica Marketplace over the weekend.  It was my second time going there and thought I give their Strawberry Balsamic w/ sugar cookie Ice-cream a try.  Their balsamic flavor is mild, in fact, I can barely taste it.  If you ever go there, try their Key lime w/ Coconut Oatmeal Ice-cream Sandwich.  I think that's my favorite for now.

I'm hoping to perfect this ice-cream recipe below.  My family and David seems to love it, but I would like it to be more creamy.  Perhaps using the second half of the milk with heavy cream instead?  Have fun with this recipe!

Strawberry Balsamic Ice-Cream
Servings:  4-6

Ingredients:
3 - Egg Yolks
70g - Granulated Sugar
200g - Whole Milk

250g - Strawberry Puree
30g - Granulated Sugar
2 Tbsp - Lemon Juice

200g - Whole Milk
1Tbsp - Balsamic Vinegar

Procedure:

1.  Whisk Egg Yolk and sugar until sugar is dissolved light and pale yellow.

2.  Heat the 200g whole milk and pour into the egg yolk mix, continue to whisk until combined.  Let cool 30 minutes to 1 hour in the fridge.

3.  Puree Strawberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice.  Put 50g of strawberry puree in fridge (set aside).

4.  Pour the remaining strawberry purees, 200g milk, and 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar into the egg yolk mixture.

5.  Follow your ice-cream maker instruction after this procedure.  Then pour the remaining 50g strawberry puree 1 minute before your ice-cream instruction.

6.  Freeze until desired consistency and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment