Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tofu Brown Fried Rice



Aside, from baking, I love cooking too. My sister and I are giving up meat for the month and it's been going well. I do indulge seafood every now and then, but not all the time.  My sister is quite hardcore; she's giving up seafood too (that's probably because she doesn't like seafood too much, perhaps it's easy for her :D). I made Tofu Brown Fried Rice! Hope you'll enjoy!

Tofu Brown Fried Rice
Ingredients:
1 Package Extra Firm Tofu
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Small Onion
2 Large Carrots
3 Large Egg Whites
3 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
1/2 Cup Edamame
1 Large Tomato, diced

Seasoning to taste:
Cayenne Pepper
Black Pepper (home grown)
Soy Sauce (you can use the Maggi Brand - it has better flavor, I just used whatever I had in hand)
Salt

 Instructions:

 1.  Cut tofu into cubes
 2.  Pan Fry tofu until golden, set aside.
 3.  1tsp Olive old w/ Garlic, Add onion and carrots til' onions translucent, then set aside. (Salt & Pepper)
 4.  1 tsp Olive Oil, Scrambled egg whites and add Brown Rice.
 5.  Add Carrots and Onions to the Brown rice mix.
 6.  Add cooked edamame, tomatoes and desire seasoning: soy sauce, cayenne pepper, salt pepper.

SO DELICIOUS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment