Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Dessert Adventures



I woke up with the sun beaming through my window filled with warmth and comfort. What a beautiful day to go to the beach and enjoy the sun! As we were getting closer to Los Angeles (10W Fwy), it looked cloudy and cold. A bad mistake to be wearing shorts on a colder weather in Santa Monica, good thing David and I bought our sweaters. We decided to park our car at the 3rd Street Promenade parking structure (new outdoor shopping center) and take a walk to Urth Caffe to throw in some workout for the weekend aside from consumption of sweets and goodies. As we were getting closer to Urth Caffe, we saw the “Santa Monica Cummunity Garden.” The place was open to public to walk through and view, just don’t pick on other peoples plants. It’s a cute place, but it makes me think about the plentiful land in my backyard and how I am not making much use of it. Hopefully, I’ll make good out of our backyard this year!

Santa Monica Community Garden
2415 Broadway
Santa Monica, CA 90404




As we approach to Urth Caffe, the line was so long, yet went by quickly. The desserts display was amazing and they had this Matcha Brioche that I really wanted to try, but since I was planning to get a Green Tea Latte, I didn’t want to consume too much Matcha for the day. Instead, we settled for the Pineapple Prana Cake (Vanilla cake topped w/ Caramelized Pineapple). David and I shared a breakfast entrĂ©e called “Egg Salmone.” The toast on the bottom of the medium poached egg was buttery delicious. Strawberry on the side was sweet but the cantaloupe was not as great since it wasn’t in season. David had the Spanish Latte w/ Almond Milk and I ordered myself a Sugar-Free Green Tea Latte w/ Almond Milk as well. We both got a size large and it was HUGE. I may need to settle for a medium cup next time, but David said, “It was only twenty-five cents extra!” It’s okay, we just took our time to enjoy the cold weather sipping on our lattes while watching people walking by with their cute dogs. I like this place, but I think I may order my drink less sugar next time.

Urth Caffe
2327 Main Street
Santa Monica, 90404



The pie looks so CUTE!
The Egg Salmone
Sugar Free Green Tea Latte w/ Almond Milk



Spanish Coffee Latte w/ Almond Milk

We continued to walk further down and saw the Farmers’ Market along Main Street. It was our first time going to the Sunday Farmer’s Market. There were food vendors along with organic produce and goodness. Then we continue to walk onto Barnard Way and made a right to walk along the beach as we head back to our car. We left Santa Monica and head to Little Tokyo to have some Sushi and Paulette.

Paulette was our next adventure after some munchies from Mitsuru Cafe.  Paulette was empty inside, I like how it’s not crowded, but it was appoximately 4:00PM.  We decided to grab it to go and ordered ½ dozen. The color was so vibrant and appealing! When I took the first bite of the Almond Wedding flavor, I was in love with their macarons! An marvelous texture and they did their macarons well!

Paulettes
333 S. Alameda Street
Suite 103
Los Angeles, CA



 Caramel/Coconut/Almond Wedding/Earl Grey/Coffee/Pistachio



No comments:

Post a Comment