Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ube Cupcakes


Since I wasn’t familiar with the Ube ingredient in baking, I tried a recipe online in an attempt to making Ube Cupcakes.  Sure thing, I only have the before picture below because this formula failed.  For one thing, the formula seems like a yellow cake recipe with the Ube mashed  incorporated in the mix of ingredients.  
Then my awesome friend Jenny (my taste tester) told me it didn’t taste like the one she had before.  Her response was, ‘it tastes like a regular cake with subtle Ube flavor in it.’  I reduced the sugar from the recipe too, since I figured Ube has a natural sweetness to it.  The amount of sugar on the formula was a bit overwhelming (good thing I reduced it, Jenny’s mommy and my mommy said the sweetness was about right).  It was a disappointing recipe but a great experience to learn what the possibilities may be to improve it.  Hopefully I’ll have time to create my own recipe next time around and kudos for the person sharing the recipe.  Tune in for more desserts!

 (Beautiful Color, No?)

No comments:

Post a Comment