Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies



Daylight savings time (FALL BACK) and I have an hour to spare!  Since it was raining so hard today, I was craving for a warm cookie and nothing beats our loving classic chocolate chip cookies.  I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do.

Whenever I bake with chocolate, I feel so guilty not being able to share with Snoopy.  So, I scooped enough  batter out to make six mini cookies for my lil' dog today.  He very much appreciates them without the chocolate chips too.

The plus side of baking today is, I got new pans that fit exactly into my oven.  It was able to hold 24 mini cookies each time, YAY!  




MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Yield: 72 (1 1/4") Cookies


Ingredients:

1 Cup - Butter, @ room temperature
1 Cup - Light Brown Sugar, packed
1 Cup - Granulated Sugar

2 Large Eggs, @ room temperature
2 tsp - Vanilla Extract

3 Cups - All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp - Baking  Powder
1 tsp - Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp - Salt

6oz - Mini Chocolate Chips (you can find these in Target or Smart & Final)

Procedure:
1.   Cream Butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 1-2 minutes, scrape the bowl.

2.   Add the egg slowly one at a time, then add the vanilla extract, mix for 4-5 minutes, scrape the bowl.

3.  Sift the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Add to the mixture into 3 parts until incorporated.

4.  Stop the machine, toss in the mini chocolate chips and fold into the batter.  Scoop onto baking sheets and chill in refrigerator for 1hr or chill in freezer for 15 minutes.

5.  Bake at 350F for 10 minutes, pull cookie tray out, use a spatula and lightly flatten the cookies.  Put into the oven for  1.5 - 2 more minutes.

6.  Remove from baking tray and cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment