Friday, November 5, 2010

Pina Colada Panna Cotta



David loves Pina Colada and when I came across to this recipe from Bon Appetit Magazine, I have to make it! I didn’t have rum so I used a pineapple wine I recently bought from Hawaii. The recipe is below and David loved it, but I think it’s a bit on a sweeter side. What do you think?


Pina Colada
Serving: 6

(Adapted by: Bon Appetit)
Ingredients:
2 tsp – Gelatin (approximately 1 pouch)
2 Tbsp - Water
1 Cup – Crushed Pineapple w/ natural juice (no sugar added)
1 Cup – Cream of Coconut (usually found in the alcohol aisle)
1 Cup – Heavy Cream
¼ Cup – Rum
Ground Nutmeg

Procedure
1. Pour gelatin and water into a medium size pan, set aside and let sit for 15 minutes.
2. Combine crushed pineapple + juice, cream of coconut, heavy cream, ground nutmeg and rum altogether and puree.
3. Heat the gelatin until dissolve.
4. Mix gelatin into puree and stir until combine.
5. Divide the mixture into glass cups and refrigerate overnight.

(*NOTE: Serve it with extra pineapples on top)

No comments:

Post a Comment