Friday, September 24, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies Supreme



Hello FALL! Yes, nutmeg and cinnamon fragrant until end of this year, I’m so excited. Today, I’d like to introduce to you my version of an Oatmeal Cookie Supreme. I personally love almonds, but my other half loves pecans more. You’ll notice that I use a lot of pecans as part of my recipes rather than almonds. Plus, my mommy’s allergic to almonds (but when my friend Jenny makes her version of the irresistible oatmeal cookies with sliced almonds and cranberries, mommy simply gobbles the whole thing and tells me she’ll worry about the allergies later). I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I did.


Oatmeal Cookies Supreme
(Yield: 20 Cookies)

Dry Ingredients:
2 Cups – Rolled Oats
1 Cup – Oat Flour
1 Cup – Cake Flour
1 Cup - Brown Sugar (lightly packed)
1/2 Cup - Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp, 1 tsp – Baking Powder
1 tsp – Baking Soda
1 tsp – Freshly Grated Nutmeg
1 tsp – Ground Cinnamon
2 tsp – Salt

Wet Ingredients:
2 Sticks – Melted Butter, cooled
2 Large – Eggs

Particulates:
5 oz – Toasted pecans, chopped
4 oz – Dried cranberries
4 oz – Chocolate Chunks

Procedure
1. Shift all dry ingredients, omit the rolled oats. Then stir in the rolled oats.
2. Combine melted butter and eggs to dry mixture and mix.
3. Fold in the chocolate chunks, toasted pecans, and cranberries.
4. Use an Ice – Cream scoop, place cookies on a baking tray.
5. Bake @ 350°F for 14 – 16 minutes (make sure to preheat before placing cookies in).

No comments:

Post a Comment