Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fruit Tartelettes


I ‘heart’ fruit tarts!  They’re the best dessert because it brings out the best in seasonal fruits.  Fruit tarts can be made with many varieties of tart shells from puff pastry, to pie dough, and even short dough.  My favorite is the Almond short dough because it’s a type of cookie dough that is versatile. 
(Almond Short Dough can be made as a larger batch and freeze up in cylinder shape.  When you crave for cookies, slice a few, pop them in the oven and you can dipped them halfway with melted chocolate.  You can use it as an Ice – Cream Sandwich, it’s also lovely to be used as a crust for cupcake size cheesecake.  See what I mean when I believe how this recipe is the best ever?  I’m confident you’ll find many ways to use this particular recipe and make it your own creation.  Did I mention the marvelous nutty flavor the almond brings to the cookie?  You’re going to love it!)
Here is an introduction to my fruit tartelettes; almond short dough filled with pastry cream and then topped with fresh fruits. (When making tartelettes, go easy on the thickness of the tart shell since it is a smaller size).  Bon Appetite!



(Recipe - In Progress)

No comments:

Post a Comment